LOCAL EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLAN (LEPP)
A community Event with expert professionals and your neighbors
Saturday, February 11, 2012, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY GRANGE HALL
93727 Marcola Road, just before milepost 15
FLOOD • FIRE • EARTHQUAKE • WINDSTORM • BLIZZARD
When Disaster Strikes Do You Know How To Keep Your Family Safe?
In a disaster, the Mohawk Valley could be cut off for a week or more without food, water, electricity, or even shelter. Marcola Road is the only way into and out of the Mohawk Valley . If the road is impassable we could be on our own for a while, especially if Eugene-Springfield experiences a major disaster at the same time. Does YOUR Family have a plan?
- What supplies are absolutely necessary to have on hand?
- What do you need to take with you if your family is evacuated? +How do we care for our elderly, disabled, pets, and livestock?
- What if your children are in school when disaster strikes?
- How will you communicate with family and neighbors?
- What resources are available here and who is responsible for their deployment?
- Do your neighbors have a plan and supplies or will they become dependant on you?
The event will feature community leaders and experts from the Fire Department, Sherriff’s Office, Red Cross, Homeland Security, Lane County, and more, sharing their expertise and to help plan for any future disasters. Hear what they have to say, get answers to your questions, and share your own ideas. Every person needs to be part of the plan. Invest just a few hours to protect your family.
- Recommended Content of a Preparedness Kit »
- Check this web site for more resources, which will be posted as they become available.
Mohawk Valley Community Grange
To volunteer, or get more information, call Ellen Furstner at 541-933-2246 or Penny Jordan 541-933-2867 More Info at: www.mohawkgrange.org