Mohawk Valley Community Grange
Meeting Agenda, Sunday, March 17, 2013
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books and Reading
Welcome: (Co-Leader – Barry Rogers) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Co-Leader Linda Mooney) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Reading: Linda Mooney gave a reading.
- Roll call of officers: Linda Mooney, Teresa Hill, Wendy Kimball, Bob Russell, Heather & Jim Madras, Laurie Smart, Julia & Dan Mooney, Joan Baratta, Barry Rogers, Ellen Furstner & Lon Otterby.
- MOTION: Joan moved and Teresa seconded a motion to approve the minutes from the February, 2013 meeting.:
- 4/13 pre meeting @ Linda’s @ 6:30PM
- 4/21 Grange Business Meeting 6:00-8:00PM
- 4/20 – Open House; entertainment; thank you to our Friends of the Grange; more details later
- Treasurer’s Report – Teresa gave report.
There was discussion about the Texas Hold em’ rental and the fees. The fees will remain the same.
- Yahoo Group: Heather Madras has totally organized all the different websites she is managing. She informed us how to use each site. Heather is setting up the website to receive payments thru Pay Pal or another organization that will use our Non Profit status. Heather moved we move forward to set up Pay Pal thru the website to receive payments for memberships, rentals and donations. Laurie 2nd the motion. Discussion. Motion passed. Heather also discussed keeping Yahoo and the website as is.
- Scholarship money: Lon expressed his feelings about education in this valley and through the Grange. He offered to match funds up to $500 for a scholarship if the Grange did the same. There was discussion about how the scholarship would work. Ellen suggested to set up a committee to run this. Barry moved that the Grange match an anonymous contribution of $500 to support a scholarship for a resident graduating Senior in the Mohawk Valley, qualifications to be determined by the committee. Joan 2nd. Discussion about 1 or 2 scholarships to be determined by the committee. Passed.
- Money from Pomona explanation:
- Any new:
Announcements /Acknowledgments: Joan mentioned Earth Day
Facilities Committee: (Bob, Tom,) Bob contacted ODFW about the bats. Someone will come out to review the situation about removing the bats. There was discuss about keeping the bats healthy and safe. Dan & Julie Mooney are installing railings on the front steps. Gutters are complete.
Membership Committee: None.
LEPP: Ellen Furstner shared they are having an art contest in the Valley. There has been good participation. There are cash prizes. The winners will be attending the open house.
Open House: Teresa & Julia shared the ideas for the April 20th event. There will be food @6:00 and the program will start @ 7:00PM. Many of us volunteered to cook and bake.
- Garage Sale: Linda gave information about the ‘Antique Sale’ on Howard Road. Discussion if we want to be included or just have a ‘Garage Sale’ here. We decided not to participate. Our Garage Sale is tabled.
- 90/30 kickoff campaign announcement
- Ellen moved that Wendy will be able to order 100 ‘Thank you’s & Envelopes not to exceed $50. Laurie 2nd. No discussion.
For the good of the order:
Closing: The Board meeting is ended. Displayed items are stored.