Mohawk Valley Community Grange
Meeting Agenda, October 15, 2012
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols, and Inspirational Books and Reading
Welcome: (Chair – Tom Baratta) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Asst. Chair Barry Rogers) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Reading: (Guide) A chosen passage to inspire.
Assistant Chair: “Our meeting will begin with a moment of silence”
Guest Introductions: (Gr) Steve Willamson Expert on collecting history.
Wendy motioned to allow Steve Willamson has access to use the Grange, inside and out, pay for DSL and any difference in the electrical bill. He will sign a rental agreement and become a ‘Friend of the Grange’ member. Laurie 2nd discussion about liability. Passed.
Roll call of officers: Tom & Joan Baratta, Wendy Kimball, Julia Mooney, Teresa Hill, Laurie Smart, Barry Rogers,
Approval of minutes for September, 2012 meeting. Joan motioned to approve Sept’s minutes Barry 2nd discussion. Passed.
Check and approve calendar for November, 2012
- 11/19/12: Grange Business Meeting 6:30-8:30 PM at Grange
- Yoga every Wed PM and Thurs AM at Grange Tai Chi Thurs 9:45 instruction 10:15 lesson
- 11/10/12 Pre-Grange meeting @ Ellen & Lon’s
- 10/20/12 Harvest Festival times: 3-7
- 10/28/12 Road Clean-up-Tom will call & pick up materials
- Chair duties at Tom and Joan’s after road clean up
- New community calendar in Mohawk Messenger
- Paul has skid-proofed the ramp-Much appreciation!!!!!
- CPR-Fire station 6-10pm 10/23/12
- Dec 8th Grange Christmas Pre Grange Party
- Dec 15th Teresa Xmas party
Officer Elections: Nominations will be made for Chair; Vice Chair; Steward (Facilities) Secretary; Treasurer; Chaplain; Gatekeeper. Nominations are: Wendy Kimball for Secretary, Tom Baratta for Assist. Steward, Teresa Hill Treasurer, Linda Mooney for Chairperson, Bob Russell for Co Chair, Barry Rogers Steward, Heather Gardner Madras Gatekeeper, Jim Madras Guide and Julia Mooney Lecturer.
Reports from Committees:
Membership Committee: (Wendy, Joan, Julia, Bob R., Tom B.) Compare #’s with State Grange. During an audit it was discovered that the State Grange was charging us for 30 members when indeed it was only 14. We included the new audit and will only pay for 14 members!
Treasurers Report: (Julie C/Teresa H) Teresa gave the report. It will be posted on the website.
Executive Committee- (Bob R, Dan M, Linda M, Wendy K, Tom B.)
- Kitchen Upgrade wish list-k9marley5@gmail. Our wish list is not reachable right now. Wendy motioned to hire someone to put up the gutters for $200 labor. We have the all the materials. Barry 2nd discussion. Passed.
- 3 Rivers Foundation grant-How do we access-website Joan-Later.
- New forms from State Grange on alcohol policy. Tom shared all the new forms.
- Compost week after harvest fest? Karren Lansky and Wendy are working on the dates.
- Harvest Festival Oct 20th 3-7- Eating @ 5 $5 for individuals 3 tickets/families $10 get 3 tickets each
- Change of business meeting days/times? Proposal Sunday Evening 6:30-Pre-Grange vote Oct 15th
- Candidates for next year’s office Linda, Barry, Bob, Julie and Teresa Treasurer, Wendy Secretary, Steward-Tom-Nominations
- Yoga fund raising event. Julia would like to have a fundraiser dinner in February. She will be selling Christmas wreaths.
- Dec 8th pre-grange white elephant-donations. Discussion for funds different groups in the community? Tabled till November.
- Changing the day for our monthly meeting starting in January. Tabled till November.
For the good of the order:
Closing: The Board meeting is ended. Displayed items are stored.