Mohawk Community Grange
Business Meeting Minutes
November 17, 2013
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books and Reading
Welcome: (Co-Leader – Barry R) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Co-Leader Linda M) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Reading: Linda M gave us a humorous reading.
Attendees: Barry, Julia, Teresa, Linda, Lon, Bob, Malori
Guests: Kelly, Thorp
- Roll call of officers:
- Dates of Interest
- VFW first Monday of each month
- 11/28 Private function at the Grange
- 12/7 Wreath making workshop at the Grange
- 12/7 Holiday party & pre meeting – Linda’s 6:00 pm?
- 12/14 Holiday party at Teresa’s
- 12/15 December Meeting
- 12/19 Marcola community Christmas party
- 1/11 January Pre-Meeting – where?
- 1/19 January Meeting – Linda won’t be there, Barry and Bob will be
- 1/25 Private rental
- Treasurer’s Report
- $2,230 as of the end of October
- Quarterly Report due January 31st
- Survey/Easement Discussion – anything new?
- Grange Caretakers: Electricity count. What are Thorp’s jobs? Check the KWH on meter for the new month
- Woodshed supplies have been delivered, will be scheduled for this coming week
- Thorp will caulk around the wood covers on north windows
- Extension cord over kitchen door problem – fire marshall
- Teresa will take fire extinguishers in to have them checked / certified
- Thop to tak extension cord down, coffee house will use outlet on east wall
- Coffee House Wednesdays: How goes it? Laurie
- Holiday Swags Workshop – December 7, 10:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Bats? Julia has been in touch with Stewart, will try to schedule for January
- Rentals – Issue with cancellations without notification
- Motion Light, lock box, Grange Security, keys?
- Lock box installed
- Will put up sign with Linda’s phone number on it
- Linda wil speak with Malori about making a nice sign
- Linda will get email address and use that to communicate combination as well as changes going forward
- Food Pantry (Helping Hands) – Things are back on track – itemed tabled
- Piano tuned – piano has been tuned, needs to be insullated – need $45 to reimburse Julia (who paid $60)
- Eve and Dan are not getting notices from Grange – general discussion about calendars, and groups
- Need volunteers for Marcola Christmas pasty on December 19
- Julia moved that we donate $200 to Marcola Chirstmas fund, Teresa seconded it, no discussion, ayes have it
Susan and Mark
- Grange Refresh & Facilities Report – Meeting with Susan and Mark
- Fundraising Committee plans discussion
- Membership Committee
- Malori will head up new Membership Committee
- Malori and Long will continue to be the defacto Rental Committee
- How is Julie C. doing with the membership job?
Tracking How Busy We Are!
- Do we have the list to write down our activities, no but we need one.
- Malori agreed to take this on
- New Officers for the coming year. Who’s continuing? New people?
- Master, Linda M
- Overseer, Bob R
- Lecturer, Malori N
- Chaplain, Barry R
- Secretary, Julia M
- Treasurer, Teresa H
- Membership, Julie C
- Rental, Lon O
- Barry moved to accept the slate, Lon seconded, no additional discussion, unanimous
- Newspaper submission deadline was last Friday, Nov. 15th. Talk to Linda about still contributing.
- Paypal update – gmail address has been set up for the grange, Paypal has been set up, Heather will assist getting forms and stuff set up – target date is January 1 to have this up and running.
- Trees – discussed offer, which was successful last year. Discussed, Laurie’s suggestion to partner with the Watership Partnership, raising the price to $3 per tree.
- Lon will follow up with Curtin Mitchell to set things up. If we can get a specific date, we’ll find volunteers and promote it in the Mohawk Messenger.
For the good of the order: