Grange Minutes from Meeting Agenda March 20, 2016
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books
Readings: Thomas Friedman- Pro Life definition- read by Bob R.
Welcome: (Linda) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Barry) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Present: Linda M., Barry R., Bob R., Laurie S., Donna H., Gail
W., Thorp M., Julia M., Teresa H.
Dates of Interest
- 3/20 March Regular Meeting
- 4/9 Clean up at Grange 10AM- 12 noon
- 4/9 Pre-Meeting – Where? Linda M.
- 4/16 Spring Fest (Open House)
- 4/17 April Regular Meeting
- Hall Rentals—April 2 and 3rd
- Others? May 14 -Road clean-up .
Read and vote on approval of minutes from last meeting – Julia
February minutes- Dates for Music Festival at Bob R. has changed to Aug. 19 to 21. Minutes adopted and corrected.
Treasurer’s Report – Teresa H. -Balance is $887.12. $600. gift card from Jerry’s.
Old /Unfinished Business:
- Caretaker/Rental Manager business – Thorp The toilets have a problem. This weekend with SCA rental the toilets had many problems. The motion was passed to rebuild the guts of the toilets.
- The members of the SCA did help with work around the Grange the day before they were to rent the hall. Thorp was pleased.
- Malori’s rental discussion-June and October for 4 days, No dues or Fees for $135. Setup Thursday, Use Friday, cleanup Saturday and Sunday. Malori needs to come to a meeting so the Grange can be clear on her reasons for not paying the regular fees. What is she going to fix and clean??
- Carpet on stage is bad – what shall we do? Wait until after Open House Spring Festival.
- Neighborhood Watch discussion – Gordie? His use of the Grange is pending on the Sheriff being present at the meeting.
- Wood is running out. Plan on getting more wood sometime in the Fall.
- Need more
- Community Groups who use Grange for free could help us with wood gathering – when and where?
- Thorp will make a list of Jobs for cleaning up the Grange Hall
- Schedule road cleanup –May 14 at 10am to Noon. Linda will pick up equipment.
- Music Festival Food Booth Planning – need to decide menu. Meeting at Barry’s house on April 2nd at 10am. Will Grange buy the entrance ticket for volunteers who work our food booth? Also, Bob R. wants to rent the Grange hall and equipment Aug 19, 20, and 21.
- Resource List – Needs point person Teresa H. has notebook.
- Volunteer hours for 2015 for Julia – Handed out a survey for Grange and community service hours done during 2015 to be filled out by members and handed back by the Pre meeting in April. Julia will tally the hours.
- Spring Fest Planning -Juliana C. has list of Friends of the Grange. Teresa will get a copy for us. We need their help.
- Who’s making what food? Every member is making something.
- Raffle List: Teresa got Lane Forest & Bi-Mart; Laurie will pull a basket together. Get raffle Gifts to Carrie before the week of Open House.
- Kitchen crew-
- What desserts are we bringing?
- Crews for Spring Fest: Who will call our Friends to help??
Carrie –silent auction.
- Bob – get chicken/charcoal/ noodles and Thorp and Randy will BBQ together
- Need 2 dishwashers- Linda M. will talk to Brook and ask her to bring a friend.
- Scholarship Committee – Bob R., Laurie, Donna Would like past information from scholarship committee in previous years.
- Audit our books – Teresa? After April 15
- State Grange Policy Review – action? State Newsletter Linda, Barry, Donna, and Julia
- June 11th Flag Day-at park-sell raffle tickets-dessert table.
- Lions’ Music every 2nd Saturday during summer months, June, July, Aug. and Sept.
Good of the Order? Friends Who Need Us?
All Grange Items displayed put away.