January 18, 2015
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books and Readings
Welcome: (Bob R.) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Co-Leader-Bob R) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Attendees: Bob R., Teresa H., Julia M., Julie A., Carrie J.
Guests: Roxanne and Rick Erikson from Parsons Ck. Rd., new to our Valley and are interested in the Grange. Welcome
Addition to the agenda: Carrie J. would like to rent the Grange tables and chairs for her son Ian’s Wedding Party on July 30th, 31st, return on Aug. 1st. This would be her and John A. membership trade.
Dates of Interest
- 2/7 February Pre-Meeting…Julie A’s house
- 2/15 February Regular meeting
- 2/21 Grange Hall Clean up
- 2/21 Fundraising Committee
- 3/21 Yoga Dinner?
- 3/28 Linda’s BD party at grange
- Others? Carrie’s request for rental of tables and chairs.
- 3/15 Oregon State Grange Master’s Conference. Lane County Master/Presidents, and Overseers will meet at Mohawk-McKenzie Grange? Begins at 10 AM
Old /Unfinished Business:
- Problems with Angela-Julia and Linda will compose a letter that will be sent to Angela and can be used in the future for friends and members who want to use our Grange Building. Thorp and Kelly will get copies too. They can use them when necessary.
Delana solved? Julia called Delana and left a message about our maul (axe).
- Caretaker business Thorp and Kelly were not feeling well. They were not at this meeting. This last week they have given a lot of extra time to the Grange neighbor and helped clean up their property.
- Sweeping & dusting weekly for yoga? Julia said they sweep the hall for every class but before the Tai Chi Class. The problem may be solved if they sweep after Tai Chi and before Yoga. The yoga class really appreciates the warm fires. Thank you.
- Julie A—Julie A. made the motion to give Kelly and Thorp a belated Christmas Gift. She suggested a $50 gift certificate to the new Roadhouse Restaurant. Bob R. made the motion and Julie A. second. It was passed.
- Petty Cash
- Thorp? Teresa said none was needed for this month. Electricity numbers were taken by Thorp and Electrical bill was taken care of.
- Grange Refresh & Facilities Committee – set meeting? No date set.
- Fundraising Committee – set meeting? 2/21 12 to 1 PM Meet after Grange Hall and Garden Clean up.
Teresa- amount is $2994 in account. Last year we made $4021 on our small fundraisers. (Teresa H. added $315 taken for parking at Mary Cole Day.) Also we need to have the Treasury Report listed on the agenda. This is important to our Treasurers, Teresa H. and Julie C.
- Projects for 2015
- Grant – do we need more members to look good for the grant? Julia M.
- Trees Project – they have been ordered. Who’s going to run this project? Thorp?
- Lights from Julie A Lights given to Julia M. and she put one in the Hall closet and one in the room off the stage. It is right below the light. These turn on with a light touch. Thanks, Julie A.
- Community service project – Julie A
- There is a project for people who can’t pay their traffic tickets. They can do Community service in the area that they got the ticket. Julie knows the person in charge of this. She feels we could get some help on big projects. More discussion on this.
- Julie A. is cooking one day a week meals for homeless with a group people. They pass these meals out at certain locations that the homeless know about. I believe she called the group “Lov”. They also, need clothing and blankets. If you’re interested in helping call Julie A.
- New community service recording form – Julia M
- I brought a new form that might help with yearly hours needed for totaling hours for community service. The State Grange wants to know the community service Projects, hours of the Grange Members, and how many community members were affected and their hours.
- 2014 Summary
- Number of Grange Members=14
- Number. of Grange Members involved with projects=14
- Total hours by Grange Members=1220
- Number of Community citizens who helped with projects = 166
- Total hours given by Community members=1897
Organize a special meeting with Members and Friends of the Grange. How can we work better together and what is focus of these two groups?