MEETING AGENDA MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY GRANGE
February 21, 2016 at 6:00PM
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books and Readings:
Welcome: (Linda) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Barry) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Present: Linda M., Gail W., Bob R., Barry R., Donna H., Teresa H.
Read and vote on approval of minutes from last meeting-
Gail W. read minutes: November’s minutes and January’s minutes.
Teresa H. moved. We accept Nov. minutes. Bob R. 2nd– as corrected. Passed
Barry R. moved. We accept Jan. minutes. Bob R. 2nd– as corrected. Passed
Treasurer’s Report – Teresa H. Total is $1062 for end of January. February activity will be reported in March.
Old /Unfinished Business:
- Caretaker business – Thorp Mc. – Was absent.
- Open House Discussion – April 16th Time 3pm to 8pm. We have one more meeting before event. Linda M. advertising in Mohawk Messenger with a half page ad. Bob R. has an appointment March 4th with Weyerhauser for raffle.
Teresa H. volunteered to be kitchen Coordinator.
Linda M. will greet, meet and sign up new members.
Donna H. is willing to do Tai Chi Demo.
Julia M., Roxanne, and yoga students will help children make May or Mother’s Day flowering baskets.
Barry R. will send fliers to other granges.
Need members to approach these and other businesses for donations: Lane Forest-By-Products, Bi-Mart, Couple of places on the coast, etc.
- Grange Refresh & Facilities Committee
- Will the Grange participate in the music festival and how?
Bob R. is offering the Grange a free booth to sell food. This is the same weekend as Mary Cole Celebration, Aug. 12,13 and 14. This is a 3 day deal. We need to have the booth ready by Friday noon and go to Sunday early evening. Food suggestions- Biscuits sausage, eggs, gravy $10 breakfast by Barry R. Food Handlers’ permit- Barry will ask Christine for advice. Must be serious about food- no lemonade. Ask Diane Albino to help.
- Scholarship Committee – Julie A., not present. Who is going to contact Julie A. and who else is on this committee??
- Audit our books – who, how, when? Teresa H. will talk to Debra H. to see what needs to get done after tax season is over.
- Resource List: Bob suggested someone should contact Susan M. She might be interested.
- Community Group wants to use our building for meetings – Gordy Stevens wants to start up the Neighborhood Watch group and hold monthly meetings at the Grange. Bob R. will invite him to our March meeting. Gordy will bring the sheriff with him. The Neighborhood Watch will be a volunteer group under the auspices of the Sheriff’s office.
- 2015 Community Service Report-Reporting period is Jan. 1 through Dec. 31,
Summary of Community Service Projects- Julia M. and Gail W.
Please start thinking and looking at last year calendar for your volunteer time and projects?
- Number of Grange members involved with project(s)
- Total hours by Grange members
- Number of Community citizens who helped with project.
- Total hours given by Community members.
Good of the Order? Friends Who Need Us?