MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY GRANGE
February 15, 2023, at 6:00PM
- Present: Marcia Fisher, Fred Choske, Kelly and Thorp McClellan, Teresa Hill, Donna Heath, Linda Mooney
- Reading: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JULIA MOONEY!
- Dates of Interest
- 3/4/23 – Premeeting, Will be at Linda’s House
- 3/15/23 – Regular Meeting
- 4/15/23 – Open House
- Read and vote on approval of minutes from last meeting
- January minutes were approved as distributed
- Treasurer’s Report – Teresa
- Reported $1,746.47 in our account; this month we will need to pay our insurance ($629.00)
- COVID-19 Procedures – Any Updates?
- Caretaker/Rental Manager Report – Kelly/Thorp
- Rentals – No rentals as yet
- Concerns or comments – Everything OK
- Communications – OSU’s Extension’s Tree School. March 4th. Posted flyer on bulletin board.
- Old/Unfinished Business
- BINGO – We made $870 and we had 47 people! We will have another BINGO in May. Teresa will put a question on FaceBook as to the best times.
- Flower Baskets for Open House and Mother’s Day
Teresa has checked with Rogers Gardens and McKenzie River Gardens. They will have baskets for us by mid-April.
- Approve Refugee policy – works, though we will add a maximum stay of 7 days.
- Approve Rental agreement for weekly classes – We tabled this document for further study of the rate.
- Approve New Yoga Classes – Jaya Devi is announcing her class in the Mohawk Messenger including her phone number for interested people.
- Discuss/ Approve New Reader Board – Teresa had concerns about the quality of the boards on the market. Thorp will look into building one for us….more later!
- New Business
- Open House Date Set – 4/15/23; 3-7PM More details at March meeting.
- Approved Changing locks and lock box code. Donna moved and it was passed that Thorp would purchase and install the new equipment.
- Also noted that Thorp was approved by Executive order to purchase ($50) for fill dirt for holes in the Grange grounds.
- Repeater Grant for the Emergency Response – Briefly discussed, more info next meeting.
- Classes at the Grange were discussed: Tie Dye, Indian Cooking, Yoga. More Later.
- Good of the Order
- Adjourn 7:10PM
Submitted by Linda Mooney, President
Secretary Julia/ Dan Mooney were not able to attend