MINUTES For the MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY GRANGE
February 15, 2015
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books and Readings
Welcome: (Linda M.) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Co-Leader-Barry R.) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Reading: Love doesn’t make the world go ‘round; love makes the ride worthwhile!
Attendees: Linda M, Barry R, Julia M, Linda H, Thorp M, Teresa H
Addition to the agenda:
Dates of Interest
- 2/15 February Regular meeting
- 2/15 Mohawk Messenger deadline
- 2/21 Grange Hall Clean up – 10:00 AM
- 2/21 Fundraising Committee – immediately following the clean up
- 2/28 March Pre-Meeting at Bob’s House
- 3/21 Yoga Dinner
- $80 from PayPal in December with no name – still unidentified?
- Ending balance as of 1/31: $2,743.86
- $500 insurance bill will be paid
Old /Unfinished Business:
• Password – ask Linda if you need it ☺
• Rental Agreement changes
- Teresa moved and Thorp seconded that the changes be changed as amended.
- Note that ALL GRANGE MEMBERS MUST USE THE FORM – and follow the procedures.
- There was discussion of some previous rental controversies
- There was discussion about the specific rental periods (24 hours), including flexibility and back-to-back rentals
- It was recommended that we increase the rental charge to $125, specifically to cover the cost of wood.
- It was also recommended that we discuss the yoga (and related activities)
• New maul/axe needed
- Thorp has arranged for a new Axe – that will be engraved with “The Grange” (or something along those lines). So, Thanks, Bob, but we’ve got this covered.
- We will also be locking the tool/chemical room
- Caretaker business
- Vote on their membership was tabled due to the number of members attending
- Petty Cash
- Teresa will give Thorp $40
- Thorp has a line on a brand new lawn mower
- Tree Sales
- Thorp is not quite sure what the schedule is for this fundraiser. He will call Curt M. and solidify the dates before Linda puts the ad in the Mohawk Messenger.
- Grange Refresh & Facilities Committee –
- Fundraising Committee – Meet after the cleanup
• Awards etc. booklet
• State Grange Gathering
• In Memorial for Charlotte?
- Teresa will fill out forms to put something into the State Grange paper. Linda will take care of doing that.
- Projects for 2015 – This subject is tabled for the fundraising meeting next weekend
- Set long term calendar
- Plan future events including gathering to thank our Members and Friends of the Grange
- Community service project idea – Tabled as there is no new info
- Thorp will fix the toilet – won’t cost much
- The pump in the pump house is starting to fail
- Advice is to let it go until it dies
- Pump house roof is leaking – needs to be fixed
- Not a simple fix, but it can be fixed
- Thorp will tarp it and then fix it – however the insulation needs to be removed (it’s wet)
- Thorp will not cut down the pine tree, but will trim it and use the wood for the fire pit
- Please do not bring any more magazines, etc. to the grange, we’re overflowing – books are great, though ☺
For the good of the order, the meeting was adjourned at 6:50 PM