MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY GRANGE
September 16, 2018 at 6:00PM
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books
Welcome: (Linda) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Bob) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Dates of Interest
- 9/8 – Pre-Meeting – where?
- 9/16 – Regular Meeting – Pomona comes to explain
- 10/12 – Pomona Rehearsal
- 10/13 – Pomona meeting
- 10/13 – Pre meeting
- 10/20 or 10/27 Harvest Fest – decide on 9/8…football game; home games both days
- 10/21 – Regular Meeting
Read and vote on approval of minutes from last meeting
August minutes – Gail
Treasurer’s Report – Teresa
Caretaker/Rental Manager Report – Thorp
* Kelly wants to take over the on-site rental responsibilities; Teresa will do phone work
Old /Unfinished Business:
- Pomona’s visit info
- Cables from Gail (Art class donation); installation?
- Harvest Festival
* Date: Oct. 20th or 27th? FYI: UO has both away games; OSU away on Oct. 27th
* Activities –
*Linda will confirm the length of talk (30 min), and the date. Possible topics: Native Americans, gold rushes, railroads
*Food: Chili, cornbread, dessert contest?
*Other: Title for advertising? Who is doing the flyers?
- Fire Extinguishers – re certified?
- Volunteer hours for July
* Linda – 100 hours
- Finish our firewood splitting – date?
- Grange cleaning and inventory checking – date?
- FYI: Nominations at the October meeting.
- BINGO – are we scheduling it in fall or spring
Good of the Order?