Mohawk Valley Community Grange
Meeting Agenda, October 17th, 2011
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols, and Inspirational Books and Readings
Welcome: (Tom-Chair) “Thanks all for being here at the monthly meeting. We are here to give the best of our collective talents to the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Bob G-Asst. Chair) “Now is the time to bring together our thoughts and ideas for this Grange meeting.”
Reading: (Julia M) A chosen passage to inspire.
Chair: “ As friends, neighbors, and Grange members keep in mind that thoughtfulness, charity, and integrity in all our interactions will bring the sense of community that we all value.”
Bob G Assistant Chair: “Our meeting will begin with a moment of silence to remember the importance of our connection with the world, country, state, and local community.”
Guest Introductions: (Gr)
- Roll call of officers
- Approval of minutes for September, 2011 meeting.
- Check and approve calendar for November,
- 11/21: Grange Business Meeting 6:30-8:30 PM at Grange
- 11/16: Sustainability group meeting 7:30 PM at Grange
- Yoga every Wed PM and Thurs AM at Grange
- Pre-Grange meeting-November 12th ?
- Linda Mooney-Thanksgiving at the Grange 11/24
- Announcements / Acknowledgement
- High School Home Coming went well-good job of cleaning up!!
Reports from Committees:
Arts Committee: (Cindy)
- Community / Elder Care Committee: (Wendy & Julie C)
- Membership Committee: (Wendy, Joan, Julia, Bob R., Tom B.)
- Facility: (Lance, Dan M, Bob R., Tom)
- Treasurers Report: (Julie C/Teresa H) Bills and Accounts
Old Business/Unfinished Business:
- Last minute Harvest Festival arrangements?
- Minimum membership requirements for Grange: Promote ‘Friends of the Grange’ pay dues, but not to the Oregon or National Grange
- Formation of new Committees- Vision Committee-Lance, Wendy, Jim, Heather, Julia, Barry, Joan, Teresa, Althea
- PAC-Tom, Linda, Bob R.
- Creation of flower beds at new park-work with Lions to create and maintain garden
- Bulletin Board -Julia
- Words for Thirds-Althea
For the good of the order:
Closing: The Board meeting is ended. Displayed items are stored.