Mohawk Valley Community Grange
Meeting Agenda, October 15, 2012
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols, and Inspirational Books and Reading
Welcome: (Chair – Tom Baratta) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Asst. Chair Barry Rogers) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Reading: (Guide) A chosen passage to inspire.
Assistant Chair: “Our meeting will begin with a moment of silence”
Guest Introductions: (Gr) Karren Lansky-Mohawk Messenger-New community calendar
Roll call of officers
Approval of minutes for September, 2012 meeting.
Check and approve calendar for November, 2012
* 11/19/12: Grange Business Meeting 6:30-8:30 PM at Grange
* Yoga every Wed PM and Thurs AM at Grange Tai Chi Thurs 9:45 instruction 10:15 lesson
* 11/10/12 Pre-Grange meeting @ Ellen & Lon’s
* 10/20/12 Harvest Festival times: 3-7
* 10/28/12 Road Clean-up-Tom will call & pick up materials
* Chair duties at Tom and Joan’s after road clean up
- New community calendar in Mohawk Messenger
- Paul has skid-proofed the ramp-Much appreciation!!!!!
- CPR-Fire station 6-10pm 10/23/12
- Dec 15th Teresa Xmas party
Officer Elections: Nominations will be made for Chair; Vice Chair; Steward (Facilities) Secretary; Treasurer; Chaplain; Gatekeeper
Reports from Committees:
Membership Committee: (Wendy, Joan, Julia, Bob R., Tom B.) Compare #’s with State Grange
Treasurers Report: (Julie C/Teresa H)
Executive Committee- (Bob R, Dan M, Linda M, Wendy K, Tom B.)
- Kitchen Upgrade wish list-k9marley5@gmail.
- 3 Rivers Foundation grant-How do we access-website Joan-
- New forms from State Grange on alcohol policy
- Compost week after harvest fest?
- Harvest Festival Oct 20th 3-7- Eating @ 5 $5 for individuals 3 tickets/families $10 get 3 tickets each
- Change of business meeting days/times? Proposal Sunday Evening 6:30-Pre-Grange vote Oct 15th
- Candidates for next year’s office Linda, Barry, Bob, Julie and Teresa Treasurer, Wendy Secretary, Steward-Tom-Nominations
- Yoga fund raising event
- Dec 8th pre-grange white elephant-donations
For the good of the order:
Closing: The Board meeting is ended. Displayed items are stored.