MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY GRANGE
APRIL 23, 2017 at 6:00PM
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books
Welcome: (Linda) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Bob) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Dates of Interest
- 5/13/17 Road Clean up
- 5/13/17 Pre Meeting – Where?
- 5/21/17 Regular Meeting
Read and vote on approval of minutes from last meeting
Treasurer’s Report – Teresa
Old /Unfinished Business:
- Caretaker/Rental Manager business – Thorp
Multiple rental dates for weddings etc
Discussion of the political use of the Grange – paid? Non-partisan only
- Volunteer hours for March
Linda’s – 30 hours
- Harvest Fest/ fundraiser date?
- April is Grange Up 2017
- Can we approach the groups (VFW, Art class, Yoga class, others?) who use our building to join the grange? How do we do this?
- Bingo – debrief
- Open House – debrief
- Scholarship Committee – Linda, Bob & Laurie
- Grange Refresh & Facilities Committee
- Future Dates of interest:
- Senate Bill 181: what do we think?
- August 11-13 – Mohawk Valley Music Festival. Participation?
- Mary Cole Celebration – August 12th Participation?
- December 3, 2017
- Possible Breakfast to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the Grange?
- Other new business?
Good of the Order?