Mohawk Valley Community Grange
September, 17th 2012
Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols, and Inspirational Books and Reading
Welcome: (Tom-Chair) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective
talents for the good of our community.”
Bring to Order: (Asst. Chair) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”
Reading: (Guide) A chosen passage to inspire.
Assistant Chair: “Our meeting will begin with a moment of silence”
Guest Introductions: None
Roll call of officers: Barry Rogers, Teresa Hill, Julia Mooney, Joan Baratta, Tom Baratta, Wendy Kimball and Bob Russell.
Approval of minutes for August, 2012 meeting. Joan motioned Barry 2nd and no discussion passed.
Check and approve calendar for October, 2012
- 10/15/12: Grange Business Meeting 6:30-8:30 PM at Grange
- Yoga every Wed PM and Thurs AM at Grange Tai Chi Thurs 9:45 instruction 10:15 lesson
- 10/6/12 Pre-Grange meeting @ Paul and Julie Connell
- 10/20/12 Harvest Festival
- 10/28/12 Road Clean-up
- 10/26 & 10/27 wedding
Ellen Sept is LEPP @ 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Reports from Committees:
- Membership Committee: (Wendy, Joan, Julia, Bob R., Tom B.) New form with new vision statement. Wendy is researching difference between the State and her spreadsheet. Wendy sent out more renewals.
- Treasurers Report: (Julie C/Teresa H) Bills and Accounts- Teresa gave the latest update.
- Executive Committee- (Bob R, Dan M, Linda M, Wendy K, Tom B.)
Old Business/Unfinished Business:
- Compost week after harvest fest?
- Harvest Festival Oct 20th 3-7
- Kitchen Prep Julia
- Chili/Corn bread/Desert cook off Barry Tom
- Open Mic/Music Front Porch Teresa
- Kids stuff Joan-Heather Pumpkin Carving-Make scarecrows-Straw pile scramble-Face painting Sarah
- $5 to eat Chili, corn bread and dessert and vote.
- Bingo ask Chris/Jesse to participate
- Flyer Ellen
- Chain Saw Carving Bob/Dan
- Tree planting-Curtin charge for trees$: $2 each 10 or more $1
- Kitchen Upgrade wish list: Tom suggested everyone to send their list to him.
- LEPP 10-2 9/22 lunch Julia: already discussed
- 3 Rivers Foundation grant: Julia informed Joan to check the website.
- Change of business meeting days/times? Joan motioned to change our meetings to Sunday nights @ 6:30 PM starting with January 2013 meeting. Discussion. We may change the time in summer. Bob 2nd. Tabled till October 15th and we will vote on it then.
- Candidates for next year’s office: Linda Mooney, Barry Rogers and Bob Russell will run to share the chair and co-chair position.
For the good of the order: The meet and greet is still on. Reggae is off for next year.
Closing: The Board meeting is ended. Displayed items are stored.