Meeting Notes: August 18, 2013

AGENDA: August 18, 2013

Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books and Reading

Welcome: (Co-Leader – Barry Rogers) “Thanks for being here. We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”

Bring to Order: (Co-Leader Linda Mooney) “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”

Reading: Bob Russell will give the reading.

Attendees: Teresa Hill, Barry Rogers, Linda Mooney, Wendy Kimball, Bob Russell, Lon Otterby

Guests:  Thorp McClaren

Standing Items:

  • Roll call of officers:
  • Dates of Interest
    • 9/7 pre meeting at Teresa’s
    • 9/15 September grange meeting
    • 10/5 pre meeting where?
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Bills due?  Teresa gave report.
    • Thorp asked how the bills will work for the grounds keepers.

Old /Unfinished:

  • Survey/Easement Discussion.  Bob Russell gave details from the survey.
  • Oregon Grange’s lawyer report; Barry suggested we let the Grange lawyer know that we are working with the neighbor and we would like to have the easement.  Randy would transfer ownership to us thru the Oregon State Foundation.  Linda will check with how the transfer would work.
  • Neighbor discussions.  Bob, Laurie and neighbor Randy walked the easement.  Randy will get back to Bob on his decision.
  • Reggae Lemonade Booth  (Teresa)
    • Profit.  We made $300.00
    • Changes for next year……..if there is a next year.  Will discuss next meeting.
  • Grange Caretakers:  Done? Jobs?  Thorp & Kelly are happy to be here.  He will clean up brush, cut limbs that are low hanging.  The sub committee will meet next week to set priorities and work out many details.  One of the issue is locking the building and keys.
  • Lon has volunteered to take over the renters.
  • Coffee House Wednesdays: How goes it?  Laurie is excited to have the first drop in.  The average number of people attending are about 8.
  • Scholarship: Have we paid it?  Teresa is sending the check this week.
  • Yahoo vs Google Calendar problems.  Linda & Barry will visit with Heather to combine 2 calendars into 1.  It will make it easier to keep everyone informed.

Announcements /Acknowledgments

Lon mentioned the Fire Dept is doing toxic pick up on the 7th of Sept.

Laurie informed us that the Vets have a Garage Sale on Sept 11th & 12th.

Facilities Committee: (Bob, Tom, Barry)

  • Grange Refresh Update
    • Architect’s plans changes
    • Committee to make a plan.  Barry will head a committee to set priorities to decide what projects to do first.  Linda, Laurie and Teresa will also be on the committee.
  • Fundraising plans
    • OCF?  Linda presented the Oregon Country Fair Endowment.  Application deadline is Jan 2014.  This may fund the Food Bank, who until recently was looking for a place to relocate.  The food bank has secured the building in front of the store.
    • Harvest Festival.  Will discuss at September pre-Grange.  Even tho this is not a fundraising.  It’s usually a community event.  Music, food and games for children.
    • Others? Linda talked about a ‘Signature Event’ to make money for the whole year.  Fundraising needs to move to the top of our list for the future.

Membership Committee:

New Business:

  • SAS presentation:
    • Jenna(541-484-9791 X318) will get in touch with us
    • Food Bank relocation: What’s happening? See notes above.
    • Wood Shed needed.  The committee that is making decisions about Thorp’s jobs will present a proposal.
    • Grange Clean up: dates?  Saturday September 21st @ 10:00 am.  This will include cleaning the inside of the Grange.

For the good of the order:

Closing