Meeting Minutes: September 20, 2015

MEETING AGENDA MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY GRANGE

download doc

September 20, 2015 at 6:00PM

Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books and Readings

Welcome: (Linda M.) “Thanks for being here.  We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”

Bring to Order: (Co-Leader-Barry R.)  “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”

Reading: Julia read from McKenzie Reflections’ article  “McKenzie Action Team”.

Attendees:  Bob R., Gail W., Carrie J., Linda M., Barry R., Thorp Mc., Julia M. 

Addition to the agenda:  Frozen Foods

 

Dates of Interest 

  • 9/20 Regular Meeting
  • 10/10 Pomona Meeting @ Walterville Grange – Would like someone to join me.all Linda-933-2511, if you’re interested in  going to this meeting.
  • 10/10 Pre meeting – Linda’s house
  • 10/24 Harvest Festival
  • 10/18 Regular meeting
  • 11/7 Pre-meeting at Barry’s house

Read and vote on approval of minutes from last meeting – Julia  Deferred until next month meeting-moved by Bob R. and seconded by Barry R., voted and passed.

Treasurer’s Report – Balance-$2407.18.  Teresa H. will send scholarship money to LCC for Gia Charley who is registered for classes.

Old /Unfinished Business:

  • Caretaker business – Thorp  Remove Ivy from trees in parking lot.
  • Human Nature Fest, Mary Cole Celebration – Finish Financials

Return water to COSTCO – Julia M. $21.56

What did we learn?

Resolution – Bobwould like to see more accountability when using Grange money.  Barry R.  -There should be an expectation of accountability. Actions were not approved at Grange Meeting and changes were made in between meetings.  All changes must be made by Executive Com.  Linda M.- mentioned a need for a standard form for budgeting projects for fundraising Com. Barry and Teresa will make up a form for fundraising projects and their expenses, totals and balances. The Grange broke even on this venture.

Committee Reports: 

  • Grange Refresh & Facilities Committee
  • Fundraising Committee
  • Oregon State Grange Grant

Grant was mailed….YAY! Thanks to Linda M., Barry R., Julia M., and Julie A. for help!

Project Manager needed? Some names were suggested including Thorp and Kelly. More discussion later

Donation letters need to be sent now to retailers for the project – Create a tailored letters to donors. Fundraising Com. Will meet Thurs At 9:30am at Barry’s house.

Time Commitment from ALL members for help

New Business: 

• Harvest Festival-  Oct. 24th,  3 or 4pm to 8pm. Menu-Chili, cornbread, desserts Contest.  Winners get gift cert. From Roadhouse – Barry.  Reach out to Leos’ to do the pumpkin carving. Call Laurie- Linda.

Julia will call Tony F. and Loose Change for music on front porch. Linda- will make flyers. Julia will change readerboard.  Everybody needs to look around and talk to owners of businesses for prizes for raffle.  A person might even find something in their house for the raffle.  Would Althea, Deborah, Cheyanne, and Gabby create a game for rain or shine that young children would enjoy?  Need a stamp when handing out tickets for contest winners. We don’t want to mix raffle tickets with chili contest.

• Sound Mixer needed for Grange – Barry will check this out.

• Grange & Garden Cleanup – Oct.  3rd from 10-`12pm clean up of Grange gardens. Julia and Carrie will try to do some work after yoga.

• Road Cleanup – Next Month, November

• Frozen Dinners for Seniors- These dinners have been donated by the Grange and the Presbyterian Church up the McKenzie to Julia M.

• Malori-Called Bob R. wants to do several days of clean up at the Grange with help.  Suggested she attends the pre-meeting at Barry’s house at 6pm on Nov. 7th.

Good of the Order?

Friends Who Need Us?

Everything was put away and meeting was adjourned.