Meeting Minutes: October 12, 2016

MEETING MINUTES (download)

MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY GRANGE

OCTOBER 16, 2016 at 6:00PM

Displayed: Flag, Grange Symbols and Inspirational Books

Welcome: (Linda) “Thanks for being here.  We have the opportunity to give the best of our collective talents for the good of our community.”

Bring to Order: (Bob/Barry)  “Let’s please bring this meeting to order.”  

Readings:  By Donna H. “Be the change you wish to see.”

Present:  Teresa H., Thorp M., Bob R., Linda M., Gail W., Carrie J., Donna H. Julia M.

Dates of Interest 

  • 10/16 Regular Meeting
  • 10/22 Harvest Festival
  • 11/12 Cancelled- Look at 11/19.  Committee to Discuss Rental Business. 10 am. at Grange.
  • 11/12 Pre-Meeting – where?  Linda M., 6pm
  • 11/19 Committee to Discuss Rental Business.  10 am at Grange.
  • 11/20 Regular Meeting
  • 11/24 Thanksgiving Dinner- Linda M., Licia S. and Friends
  • 12/10 Teresa H. Christmas Party
  • 12/18 Regular Meeting  – may cancel
  • Others?

Read and vote on approval of minutes from last meeting 

August & September minutes- Bob R. moved to approve the minutes for August and September.  Teresa H. seconded.

* The minutes for August and September were approved.

Treasurer’s Report – Teresa H.  Two rentals-$270.  Seems to be short $45. from Music Festival? Banks ending balance- $1539.32.

Old /Unfinished Business:

  • Caretaker/Rental Manager business- Grange Hall Rentals-Nov. 5Th,   this Saturday a Wedding Reception. March 10,11,12,0f 2017 for Malori.
  • Thorp wants the Grange to reconsider rules for New Members when renting the Grange Hall.  A Meeting was appointed for Nov. 12, Saturday at 10am.  This meeting has been changed to Nov. 19 Saturday at 10am. Bring Committee recommendations to next meeting.  Suggestion was made to call other Granges to see how they handle the Grange Hall when rented for 3 or more days.  What is their cost? Thorp will tally the number of rentals in 2016.
  • Harvest Festival Final Planning

Assign jobs- Kitchen- Donna H., Carrie J., Teresa H.  Set up Chili, cornbread, and desserts for Contest.

Greeters and Guest book- Linda M. and Barry R.  Linda will pass out tickets for food contest, not charging for food contest, only raffle.

  • Julia M. will call Laurie S. to see if 2 Leo’s would like to get paid for dishwashing.  We will pay $10 for 3hrs. From 5 to 8pm.
  • Charging for Raffle of Quilt donated by Lorna Monson. 1 for $3, and 2 for $5.
  • Kevin H. will be selling vegetables from the Transition Gardens.
  • Cindy Murdock will bring her reindeer.
  • We will have the left over drinks from the music Fest. And Julia M. will bring some juice for kids.

Pumpkins – who’s getting them? How Many?

  • Carrie J. will check with neighbor to see if he would donate some pumpkins.  Bob R. will buy pumpkins to make sure we have about 20  pumpkins.
  • Volunteer hours for the last month- Teresa 15, Carrie 0, Donna 19, Thorp 46, Kelly 15, Barry 16, Bob 20, Linda 15, Gail 15, Julia 67, Trent 5, Walker 5, Ronnie 5, Dan 20.
  • Road Cleanup- 4 people showed up,  We need at least 8 people to do the job in the hours 10am to 1pm.  This time 2 people were working until 2pm.  We need more help.  We will talk about having the Friends of the Grange help.

Committee Reports: 

  • Scholarship Committee
  • Grange Refresh & Facilities Committee- Thorp mentioned he put Handicap rails in women restroom.  The rails were donated by Claudine L.  Julianna C. made some pretty curtains.  Thorp patched cracks in cement.  Put some decorated lattice up on the stage, looks really nice and removed all the old cement on the west side of Grange and replaced it with small pebbles.
  • Bob R. would like to exchange new tables for his payment of $200 for using Grange equipment.

New Business: 

  • Nominate officers for 2017=Current Officers nominated for Master, Chaplain, and Overseer want to continue in these positions, except—Julie A. Lecturer, is no longer a member.  Julia M. nominated for lecturer: Gail W. was nominated for Secretary. Teresa H. and Julianna C. share Secretary role, want to stay in this position.  Bob R. made a motion, Donna H. second, Discussion, Passed.
  • Hourly rental of Grange Building? How much? Nov. 19th meeting.
  • Damage Deposit increase?  Nov. 19th meeting.
  • A person to take charge of our ‘Friends’ to make calls etc to encourage their participation.  A good job for Lecturer.
  • Tables from Bob in exchange for use of items at the Music Festival this summer.

Good of the Order? Meeting Adjourned at 7:12pm